The Sixth Love Language

Sunday, February 14, 2010

While I enjoy Gary Chapman's Love Language Books I have discovered that my kids definitely have a sixth love language that is not mentioned. The love for food. So, what better gift for Valentine's day than a day full of food, especially lots of sugar.

Strawberry Pies for breakfast! They look nothing like the fancy ones on the Williams-Sonoma box that the pie shape came out of. Still tasted good though. Followed by an incredibly sugar-filled lunch of chocolate fondue and all the fixings. The kids could not believe I was going to let them eat marshmallows and brownies dipped in chocolate for an actual meal. I even had a bowl of cheerios for Boyce, but he preferred the apples.




Gage only ate marshmallows!

Boyce didn't really know what to think of the chocolate. I think he actually just smeared it all over himself and his tray.
I think Gage was concerned that I was actually going to make him try and eat that banana. I have to admit that I cringed a little seeing the marshmallow bowl disappear and the plate of bananas untouched. But, I made it and I don't think they'll ever forget that lunch. Our final love meal of the night was homemade pizza with stuffed crust. (with a side of fruit and yogurt...and no dessert!) Thanks Babe, for the pretty flowers that are in the background.

1 comments:

Hamon family said...

you're such a fun mom!! how'd they sleep after suger lunch?

 
Snodgrass Fam - Templates para novo blogger