Two down, two to go

Friday, June 19, 2009

Well, Jake has been gone for two weeks now. That is two weeks that I have successfully woken up on time to get my kids up in time to catch the bus. (I'm so thankful that it is now finally summertime) While it is easy to function this way--we still manage to live our daily lives, go places, play sports, go to church--it is just not complete. As I've sat and thought of this, especially around 8:00 at night when everyone is supposed to be going to bed, I've been reminded of my own relationship with Christ. I often find myself "functioning" in life, but not living a complete life. I am a pretty self-sufficient person so it's easy for me to slip into survive mode and do what needs to be done. It takes more effort for me to stop and realize that He is sufficient for all my needs. It seems like that is my fallback when I'm at complete frazzledom (new word!) And yet, I know, that if I rested in his sufficiency that I would be less likely to reach those areas. So, with two weeks left to go, I want to continue to realize my complete inability to do this on my own.
2 Cor. 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefor I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

0 comments:

 
Snodgrass Fam - Templates para novo blogger